About the deal
ALUCOM AG is a carve-out of the former aluminium compound activities of the Japanese chemical group Kurita Europe GmbH. The business focus of Alucom AG is on (special) solutions for diverse industries, paper and water treatment as well as the construction sector based on self-developed aluminium compounds. Since October 2018, the company has been owned by the LIVIA Group – a family office with a focus on corporate investments based in Munich.
The objective of this mandate was to structure and provide an independent unsecured revolving working capital facility at the best conditions after the carve-out. For this purpose, the optimal solution was worked out and selected with a financing partner in the course of the project. The funds are used at the site for the purchase of inventories and for general working capital financing.
“After the successful carve-out from a large group with all its requirements, we were able to gain a banking partner for independent long-term working capital financing. This enables us to accelerate our growth and optimally utilise our existing production capacities. With the implemented financing solution, we gain maximum flexibility and entrepreneurial room for manoeuvre. Capitalmind Investec helped us to successfully position our business model with financing parties. With a time span of only three months from mandating to signing the financing agreements, the financing process was very fast.”Bastian Siebert, CEO ALUCOM AG
What we did
- Analysis of the situation & status quo,
- Development of a financing story for potential lenders,
- Preparation of documents for approaching the relevant lenders,
- Analysis and identification of potential regional and supra-regional financing partners,
- Contacting potential financing partners from traditional banks, alternative capital providers and private debt funds,
- Obtaining term sheets and providing support until the contract is signed and disbursed.