About the deal

EVV (Ensemble de la Vigne au Vin) was created early March 2021, following the spin-off of the wine–related business of Euralis – a leading cooperative Group based in South-Western France (more than €1.4bn of sales in 2021). With around €50m of sales expected in 2021, the company offers a unique value proposition combining high quality products with tailored, value-added consulting services across the value chain, from vine preparation to wine packaging and bottling. Its client base is mostly made up of professionals (86% of sales), the remaining 14% being generated by consumers through EVV’s network of 14 stores located in South-Western France.

As part of its strategic plan going forward, Euralis decided to divest EVV and sell it to a partner able to bring the company to the next phase of its development.

The acquisition of EVV will enrich Laffort’s services offering with additional vine products and services thanks to the EVV’s wide portfolio of services.

What we did

Capitalmind Investec has assisted Euralis throughout the transaction: designing the transaction strategy, reviewing and fine tuning the management business plan, constructing a readable financial profile along with the management team (no VDD report), drafting the marketing documentation, qualifying investors most likely to value EVV’s positioning and able to unlock its development potential, organizing a competitive process, negotiating with prospective buyers, overseeing the Due Diligence process, participating to negotiation phases.

This deal illustrates Capitalmind Investec’s expertise in assisting large corporates willing to divest non-core, low-profitable businesses.

Target Headquarter
January 2023
euralis logo EVV logo