ECA Group, a subsidiary of Groupe Gorgé, one of the world leaders in the field of autonomous robotics and integrated systems, particularly in the naval sector, has acquired iXblue, a high-tech company recognized worldwide for its advanced solutions in navigation, maritime autonomy and photonics for the civilian, space and defense markets.
The combination of ECA Group and iXblue creates a French leader in technologies for the defence and maritime industries.
Interview of Raphaël Gorgé, President of Group Gorgé, and Michel Degryck, Managing Partner of Capitalmind Investec, taking us through the acquisition of IXBlue in a short video:
- IXBlue acquisition: Challenges faced?
- Was it the first deal conducted together?
- Capitalmind Investec – an obvious choice?
- Beyond transactions?
This is our 15th transaction on behalf of the Gorgé family, who Capitalmind Investec has been supporting since 2006.
For nearly 25 years, Capitalmind Investec assists its clients in reaching their strategic goals, whatever it takes, whether it’s by securing a strategic business, or maneuvering and winning a competitive auction process:
We are particularly adept at advising on the following situations:
- Acquiring (family-owned) companies, groups, or other mid-market companies
- Acquiring subsidiaries or business units from (international) corporates, including carve-outs
- Acquiring businesses from a founder/(majority) shareholder, including succession
- Acquiring shares owned by a private equity firm, family office or other investors
- We also have expertise in completing deals for “Buy & Build” projects – we have successfully advised on more than 100 Buy & Build projects (with a high proportion of cross-border projects) across several industries.
Designing and executing such transactions is what our team does on a daily basis. To ensure success, our team also leverages its extensive experience and unique capabilities, which include: deal intelligence, tactical, technical and project management skills, negotiation skills, and an understanding of the personal interests/sensitivities of relevant stakeholders.