Options for financial survival
In case you or your company needs (financial) help in a challenging situation such as COVID-19 there are several ways of action and options, including:
- Cash flow management: fine tune your monthly or even (bi-)weekly cash flow overviews (past & future), enabling you to properly assess risks, ‘stop the bleeding’ and pragmatically fix issues;
- Raise capital: when in need, renegotiate your existing (bank) debt or try to raise additional capital with (international) financiers like (PE) investors, mezzanine/debt funds and banks;
- Selling, merging or restarting: in case your company is in distress or in a ‘near bankruptcy situation’ one needs to also look at: (i) potentially selling, merging or carving out (part of) your business or the (non-core) assets or (ii) restructure your company including a possible restart (‘doorstart’) of your company with the administrator / trustee in bankruptcy (‘bewindvoerder/curator’).
Obviously, there are more ways to solve a difficult financial situation. At the same time it is important to ‘Keep It Simple’ in a crises like situation. That’s why we focus on these three main options.
Please keep in mind:
- In any crises take time to go over your options, and do this sooner rather than later;
- Make sure that you have enough options; do not bet on 1 or just a few solutions;
- This is a very complex and non-transparant process, usually international;
- Speed and (deal) certainty are essential;
- We have restructured numerous companies and have the right international contacts to arrange a speedy recovery.
Whether your company – or you as a shareholder or creditor – need help or are in ‘near bankruptcy situations’ we have ample track record to assist you.
To access and download the Financial Survival – restructuring report click here