About the deal
Capitalmind has advised the founder on the sale of Augenzentrum Heppenheim (AZHP) in the highly fragmented market for eye surgery in Germany. The founder, Dr Wolff, reinvested a substantial part of the transaction sum into the newly founded MVZ.
AZHP is a leading eye care center with excellent reputation in South Hesse offering a broad spectrum in diagnosis and treatment with highest medical quality. The clinic relies on an innovative clinic organization with consistent implementation of digital processes and achieves high profitability combined with strong growth.
Artemis Augenkliniken treats all types of eye diseases at more than 140 locations and around 30 surgery centers. The group performs more than 170,000 eye surgeries by more than 270 physicians. Artemis is consolidating the market for surgical ophthalmology in Germany and is supported by the French-British mid-market investor Montagu Private Equity.
Founded in 1968 and headquartered in London, with additional offices in Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Paris and Warsaw, Montagu Private Equity is a mid-market-oriented private equity fund. It operates throughout Europe and in a multitude of sectors. Montagu Private Equity is mainly involved in company buyout operations, in which it invests and works alongside the management team to run and develop the company.
What we did
Full Sell-side advisory to the founder of Augenzentrum Heppenheim
- Coordination of all consultants (legal, auditor, tax)
- Preparation of the transaction and all marketing documents (teaser, information memorandum)
- Approach of potential buyers
- Negotiation of term sheets and LOIs
- Preparation and coordination of due diligence process including data room and Q&A
- Advice on relevant side topics, such as rental agreements, future employment contract etc.
- Support on negotiations of deal parameters and Share Purchase Agreement